Monday, April 13, 2009
*photo borrowed from google images. i WISH i could claim being the model, lol!
gist #33
today i am most thankful for high heels, stillettos, pumps, etc...
i'm not tall. i'm five foot one. five foot two if my hair is poofy.
i actually do not mind being short for the most part. esspecially when i was younger. i thought being short was the way to go. i could fit into smaller spots (like if i were playing hide and go seek) i didn't ever have to worry about growing taller than boys in my class. actually, that is a perk of being short. most guys are taller than me. and guys that some would consider short... i don't. lol (although, i cannot date someone who only has one of two inches on me. it freaks me out a little for one- especially if i am wearing heels, and for two... i wouldn't screw my future children with the short genes)
but being short isn't all its made out to be as a little kid. for example, even though i only weight between 115 and 120 usually, i hold weight WAYYYY differently than y'all average sizers, or you tall people.
for example, my thighs and belly have always been at war against me. i'm not trying to say i am fat at all. i'm just saying its never attractive to have to PULL on a pair of pants, yet have them be too tight in the thighs, too loose in the leg and four inches too long! longer legs make you appear thinner TRUST ME.
anyway, heels give me confidence. it doesn't really necessarily relate to weigh and confidence. to me, heels give me sexy, i can change the world confidence. i feel empowered. i feel like i can do anything. and i always feel like i LOOK SOOOO MUCH BETTER! (why? i'm not sure. but don't burst my bubble. lets pretend its magic).
isn't it amazing what 3 or 4 inches can do for a girl ;)
Labels: grace in small things
1 Comment:
-
- Christine said...
Apr 18, 2009, 10:37:00 PMHa, now I can say something Hahahaha! I wanted to confess that when I was a kid I could hardly wait until I was ole enough to wear high heals. When I was old enough they were not in style. When they were finally back in, I rushed out and got me a pair. No matter how much I tried, I could not learn to walk in them. I walk like I have a watermelon stuck between my legs. Now I am too old and have to wear orthopedic shoes. I am short too. I wouldn't have minded the extra height. Now my height doesn't bother me. Old people shrink. No point in defying that. I figure that I should just go with it. I solve lots of problems by having a step stool handy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






